Is your pet a star? Then make sure they have a chance to be in Bloomington PRIDE's 2018 Pets of Pride calendar!
- All submissions will be included in the calendar collage and the Facebook gallery
- To be eligible to win a featured month, please abide by the following guidelines:
- Households may submit one (1) application per species (all species are welcome).
- Photos must be:
- well-focused and sharp
- high resolution with at least 300 dpi (dots per inch)
- in JPEG (JPG) or TIFF format
- in color
- horizontal layout
- Photos fitting calendar month themes/seasons (e.g., Halloween, Pride, winter) are encouraged.
- Photos can include family members (human or other pets).
All entries will be blind judged.
- All proceeds from calendar sales will benefit Bloomington PRIDE educational programming and outreach efforts.
- Everyone who submits a photo is guaranteed to have their pet's photo printed in the calendar collage and in an online Facebook gallery.
The submission form requires a Google account. If you do not have a Google account, please contact us for other submission options.
Tips for Photographing Your Pet
Some pets are harder to photograph than others. Here are a few tips on getting that perfect picture:
Location and background
- Look for a location where your pet will be relaxed and natural.
- Photograph your pet against a color that contrasts with his/her coat.
It's in the eyes
- Focus on your pet's eyes, as the eyes will convey your pet's personality the best.
- Avoid shooting in low light situations where flash is required and your pet's eyes are likely to glow.
Black and white coats
- When working with dark animals, make adjustments to properly expose the image.
- When photographing animals with very light coats, make sure the lighting is not too bright.
- Don't get frustrated. Stay relaxed and have fun, and your pet will too!
- Use a squeak toy or treat to get your pet to look toward the camera.
Is your small business or organization interested in advertising in the calendar? Please contact us for details.