Thanks for your interest in the Bloomington PRIDE Film Festival! We are accepting submissions for the 2018 festival. Please read all guidelines on this page before submitting your film.
Note: the submission deadline is Tuesday, October 31. There are no exceptions. You will be notified of your film's status no later than Thursday, November 30. Please do not contact us about the status of your submission.
The film must be recent: no entries of films released prior to 2016. Further, films that have been released for DVD or Blu-ray Disk, online streaming, or nationally in theaters are not eligible for a screening at the festival.
Note: Bloomington Pride is happy to negotiate screening fees for all films.
- LGBTQ content: All films must have some content relating to LGBTQ people and/or issues. Gender and sexuality are very diverse topics, and we understand that they can mean different things to different people. If you feel that your film fits this category, please submit it!
- Submission formats: online streaming (preferred), digital file for download, DVD, Blu-ray Disk
- Entry fee: None
- Deadline: October 31
Are you a filmmaker or actor whose film was selected for the 2018 film festival? We'd love for you to join us! Please let us know if you plan to attend by emailing email@example.com.
Select filmmakers will be invited to attend the festival, speak about their work, and be on hand to receive one of four awards:
- Alfred C. Kinsey Prize: awarded to a film that furthers our understanding of gender and sexuality; the filmmaker is invited to submit a copy of the film to the Kinsey Institute for Research in Sex, Gender, and Reproduction
- Danielle McClelland Emerging Filmmaker Award: honors a new filmmaker (with no more than two prior films on the festival circuit) who contributes to the advancement of LGBTQ film
- Jury Selection: given to the overall favorite of the Film Selection Committee
- Audience Favorite: film receiving the highest rating as voted on by the audience